Use Google Home or Assistant to control your Tesla
You can use Tessie to control your Tesla using Google Home or Google Assistant.
Link IFTTT and Google Assistant
- Open the Google Home app and click the Settings button in the middle of the screen.
- Tap Works with Google > IFTTT.
- Sign up or log in to IFTTT.
Get a Tessie access token to use with IFTTT
Open the Tessie app and tap Settings > Developer API > Generate access token.
Create your voice commands
- Visit ifttt.com/create.
- Select If This > Google Assistant V2 > Activate scene.
- Enter the feature you want to activate. For example: "climate". This is the key activation phrase you'll use with Google Home/Assistant.
- Select Then That > Webhooks > Make a web request.
- For URL, enter https://api.tessie.com/VIN/command/start_climate?access_token=TOKEN
- Replace VIN with your vehicle's VIN and TOKEN with your developer token generated above.
- Tap Create action > Continue > Finish.
You can now say "Hey Google, activate climate" to start the climate in your Tesla.
You can replace "start_climate" in the guide above with any of the commands below.
List of commands
You can find more controls that have additional parameters, like specifying a charge limit and heating specific seats, in our API reference.