Create an Alexa Routine
You can create Alexa routines to create your own custom voice commands, like"Alexa, get the car ready."
How to create a routine
- Open the Alexa app and tap More at the bottom.
- Tap Routines > + > When this happens > Voice.
- Enter any phrase you'd like, like "Get the car ready" and tap Next.
- Tap Add action > Custom.
- Enter "ask tessie control to start climate" (or any command you want) and tap Next.
- Tap Choose Device, select an option, then tap Save.
You're done! You can now say"Alexa, get the car ready" (or whatever phrase you entered in step 3.)
If your routine isn't working
Alexa has a bug that can cause routines to stop working. To fix your routines:
- Restart the Alexa device and try again.
- Make the routine action all lowercase and try again. For example: "ask tessie control to unlock".