Create a Routine
Creating a routine in Alexa allows you to do a couple powerful things, including:
- Creating your own custom voice commands. For example, "Alexa, get the car ready".
- Automating your Tesla using schedules. For example, every weekday at 7AM you can start the climate.
How to create a routine
- Open the Alexa app and tap More at the bottom.
- Tap Routines > + > When this happens > Voice.
- Enter any phrase you'd like, like "Get the car ready" and tap Next.
- Tap Add action > Custom.
- Enter "Ask Tessie Control to start climate" (or any command you want) and tap Next.
- Tap Choose Device, select an option, then tap Save.
You're done! You can now say "Alexa, get the car ready" (or whatever phrase you entered in step 3.)