Create a Routine
Creating a routine in Google Assistant or Google Home allows you to do several powerful things, including:
- Creating your own custom voice commands. For example, "Hey Google, get the car ready".
- Automating your Tesla using scheduling triggers if you have a supported Google Home device. For example, every weekday at 7AM you can start the climate and start charging the car to 100%.
- Combining multiple actions into one. For example, you can have a single routine that starts the climate, sets the interior temperature and heats up the steering wheel.
How to create a routine
- Open the Google Assistant or Google Home app and tap your account in the top right.
- Tap Routines > New > Add starter > Voice command.
- Enter any phrase you'd like, like "Get the car ready" and tap Done.
- Tap Add action > Try adding your own.
- Enter "Talk to Tessie to start climate" (or any command you want) and tap Done.
- Tap Save.
You're done! You can now say "Hey Google, get the car ready" (or whatever phrase you entered in step 2.)
Having an issue? See Troubleshoot Routines.